Summary: Investors in the UK seeking commission-free stock trading platforms and share dealing accounts are fortunate to have a large variety of options to choose from. The best brokerages in the UK offer zero-commission stock and ETF trades and are licensed by the FCA.
The best zero-commission share dealings account in the UK are eToro and XTB. They’re reputable, low cost and have a great range of investment options, all with great service. These platforms have gained popularity for their user-friendly interfaces, comprehensive features, and reliable services.
- eToro – Best overall commission-free share dealing account in the UK
- XTB – Best alternative to eToro
- Freetrade – Best zero-commission brokerage for beginners
Recommended for: Zero-commission stock trading (EU & UK)
Your capital is at risk. Other fees apply. For more information, visit etoro.com/trading/fees.
Recommended for: Combining investing and active trading
83% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider
1. eToro – Best Overall in the UK
eToro is renowned for its user-friendly interface and social trading features. With eToro, investors can access a wide range of assets, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, indices, commodities, and ETFs.
Key features of eToro include:
- Fee structure: Free EUR deposits via SEPA Transfer, 0% commission fees, and competitive spreads.
- Asset variety: Access to 70+ cryptocurrencies, 3000+ stocks, 18 indices, 27 commodities, 49 fiat currencies, and 300 ETFs.
- Regulation and licensing: Regulated by the European Securities & Markets Authority (ESMA), CySEC, and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- Customer support: 24/7 support available through live chat, email, and an online ticketing system, supporting over 20 languages.
- EUR deposit methods: Multiple options such as bank transfer, SEPA Transfer, European online banking services, credit/debit cards, and PayPal.
2. XTB – Best eToro alternative
XTB is a well-established brokerage platform known for its advanced trading tools and competitive pricing. Investors can benefit from XTB’s extensive market coverage and educational resources.
Highlights of XTB include:
- Fee structure: Transparent fee system with competitive spreads and low commissions.
- Asset variety: Access to a wide range of financial instruments, including stocks, indices, commodities, forex, and cryptocurrencies.
- Regulation and licensing: Regulated by reputable authorities such as the FCA and CySEC.
- Customer support: Responsive customer support available during trading hours.
- EUR deposit methods: Options include bank transfer, credit/debit cards, and electronic wallets.
3. Freetrade – Best for Beginners
Freetrade is a popular platform known for its user-friendly interface and comprehensive features. It offers commission-free trading on a wide range of assets, making it an attractive choice for investors.
Key features of Freetrade include:
- Fee structure: Zero commission fees on stock trading and competitive spreads.
- Asset variety: Access to stocks and ETFs
- Regulation and licensing: Regulated by the FCA and adheres to strict regulatory standards.
- Customer support: Responsive customer support available through various channels.
- GDP deposit methods: Bank transfer and other convenient payment options.
When it comes to commission-free stock share dealing accounts in the UK, eToro, XTB, and Freetrade stand out as the top choices. Each platform offers unique features and benefits, catering to different investor preferences. By carefully considering your trading needs and priorities, you can select the platform that aligns with your investment goals. Remember to conduct thorough research and consider factors such as fees, asset variety, regulation, customer support, and deposit methods to make an informed decision. Happy trading!